DFIT (Diagnostic Fracture Injection Testing)
To aide in the planning of efficient well stimulation, DFITs have become standard practice. During the test, a solution is pumped with the intention of fracturing the formation, but is stopped as soon as breaking occurs. Once stopped, the natural decline in pressure needs to be recorded at a very high resolution. The EBOT is the most reliable tool to capture DFIT pressure data. When used in conjunction with our FLOWBOT (flow rate turbine meter), all aspects of DFIT data can be viewed in real time from any computer or mobile device.
Offset Well Fracture Monitoring
In a time where it is not uncommon to see several wells drilled on a single pad, proper well spacing is the key to optimizing production in a field. Multiple EBOTs can be networked together to monitor the surface pressure of clustered wells that are offset to a well being fractured. Data revealing inter-well pressure interference or communication in certain zones can lead to corrective measures to maximize well spacing and in turn maximize production.
Bottom-hole Pressure Determination
Oftentimes customers are uncertain of the presence of a liquid level in a well, which can lead to the miscalculation of bottom-hole pressure. Combining our EBOT and ABOT systems, we verify the presence of a potential fluid level and incorporate it into bottom-hole pressure calculations.
This increases the accuracy of the calculated bottom-hole pressure and the applicability of the surface pressure testing.
Other Short-term Surface Pressure Testing and Monitoring
- Determine permeability, skin, and pressure using a multitude of test scenarios: flowing/buildup, multi-rate, injection/falloff, fracture/leak-off, perforation/inflow.
- Pressure integrity testing of flow-lines, pipeline, packers, and vessels.
- Monitor formation fracturing and flowback pressures
Benefits of EBOT Digital Surface Gauge:
- Large, incorruptible internal memory ensures data will be safe.
- Minimal size, sturdy external housing is explosion/blast, water, and chemical proof.
- Rugged construction ensures low-risk of data loss to unforeseen circumstances.
- Internal components and fittings are suitable for installations to 15k psi.
- Nonintrusive capture of surface data reduces cost.
- Easily visible LCD screen ensures gauge is on and acquiring data.